Sunday, March 12, 2017

Almost done.....

As the weekend of week 9 comes to a close and the thought of becoming an FBINA alum becomes a reality I find myself reflecting on this amazing experience. It was very challenging both academically and being away from our loved ones, but one thing resonates with us all; it was worth it. The things we learned and the relationships that were built will last a lifetime, and will not be forgotten anytime soon. The chatter in the hallways and Boardroom were: I am ready to go home, it's been great but I 'm ready to go, I thought it would never end, I've got to get out out here, as well as many more. The truth is, Friday afternoon we will all go our separate ways and back to our lives, but will be changed forever by an experience that few will ever understand. If I was to guess, shortly thereafter we will all miss the late night study groups, laughter between classes and Boardroom shenanigans. Down the road I will definitely reminisce on my time here and think of my classmates often. I will forever be an ambassador for this prestigious program and will stay connected with my peers and active in my NA Chapter because that is the way it is supposed to be and how to perpetuate the legacy.

Here is the breakdown for the final week:

Monday is the final day for all classes, we will finish exams, review and receive all grades.

Tuesday, our final fitness challenge the coveted, "Yellow Brick Road," looms with the incoming snow storm. A challenge as many of you know I would normally welcome, but with the hamstring injury I suffered several weeks ago becomes a feeling of trepidation. I welcome the challenge, but will tread lightly and be weary of it's many pitfalls with the goal of finishing no matter how long it takes. This challenge is accepted by the entire session and we will all run together and for each other, with the mantra that we have been chanting the entire session: It's not about me, it's about "WE."

Wednesday all section meetings, drill down this the unit chief and graduation rehearsal. My family will be arriving on this evening and I am very excited to see them.

Thursday is final checkout, family luncheons and tours.

Friday is Graduation Day.


267 will prevail and do great things across the globe and you can bank on that!

Bring on week 10!


No comments:

Post a Comment