Friday, March 17, 2017

Graduation Day!



This day has been tabbed for 10 weeks for all 227 students from 48 states and 25 countries. At times we thought it would never get here, but now it seems like a blur. We met as strangers and will leave as good friends and colleagues. We were challenged mentally and physically at every turn, but always prevailed. Hardships, storms, missing families, injuries - nothing could damage this incredibly focused group of men and women.

The instruction we received was some of the best and most dedicated to the world. As Director Comey said, "Evil make the world large, good and dedicated police officers makes it smaller." I can definitely say the world is smaller today than it was 3 months ago. I now have contacts in almost every state, and multiple countries at the local, state and federal level that I can count on to assist me if needed and vice versa.

We have had programs in the Auditorium before, but nothing like this, ever. There were over 1300 in attendance including the FBI Director James Comey, who personally prioritizes this program.

I would like to personally thank some people now that I am done with this adventure, which was the most challenging and enjoyable training or education ventures I have endured. The first is my Chief, Alan D. Baldwin, who personally values continuing education and training; without his endorsement and support this would not have been a reality. Next the entire Seward Police Department for their professional and dedicated work that makes me proud to be part of the department every day including in my absence. Arguably most important my amazing wife, Jenny, who now for the second time had to handle things without me for a sustained period of time. Everyone in law enforcement knows how important spousal support is and to have it to the degree I do is truly a blessing and I thank God for her everyday. My children, Parker and Tyler, have been a great help to Jenny and strong while I was gone which made it easier. I would also like to thank my father, Charles Hammond, who told me when I was small that I could do anything with hard work. His guidance through the years has been a key to my success. All of my friends and family have been supportive and helped Jenny when needed which is also appreciated.

I also couldn't help but feel the support of my late mother, Virginia Hammond (d. 6/6/07), who was raised in Hagerstown, MD, not far from Quantico. She was an amazing woman and instilled values that I still cherish today, love you Mom.

Well, that's all folks, I hope you have enjoyed the blog, I enjoyed it though at times it was time consuming. It isn't the best one out there, but probably my best effort.

Final grades:

Class                                                                         Grade
Employment Law                                                         A
Fitness in LE                                                                A+
Effective Writing                                                         A+
Essentials for LE Leaders                                            A
Overview of Forensics for Administrators                  A+
Seminar in Media and Managing the LE Image         A+
Total credits:                                                                                                                                                                                                            
To put this into perspective, this is a mixture of undergraduate and graduate coursework accredited through the University of Virginia and was accomplished in 10 weeks what typically takes 15 weeks.

                       

To anyone planning to attend the FBINA please feel free to contact me through my personal email: mwh4162@gmail.com and I would be happy to expand on any information.


Program

Director Comey,yeah he's tall....


Mike Kirkwood from Kearney Police Department
Class Representative, JT Taylor, DFW Airport Police, TX
Couldn't have done it without them!

Accomplished


Liane the SUPER Counselor!




Shaquille O'Neill even made an appearance!
Time to start Vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment