Monday, March 13, 2017

Yellow Brick Road


So the Yellow Brick Road is the culmination of the weekly challenges that we accept at the NA. Ours was supposed to be tomorrow, but do to the looming snow storm (which the south do not understand nor accept well), they decided to move up to this afternoon. It is a 6.1 mile run, the first 3 miles on the Marine Obstacle Course, the rest a road run. Normally I would look forward to this as most of you know I'm a avid Obstacle Course Enthusiast, however due to suffering hamstring tear in week 8, I have been hampered to say the least. That being said, nothing was going to stop me from obtaining the coveted, "Yellow Brick," which is received on Wednesday for all that complete it. I was only 50% on my right hamstring but persevered with the help of session #267 over obstacles and the road run. I'd like to give a special shout out to Brian Huggins, Brian King for assistance on the obstacle course and Karen and Daniel Stephenson on the the road run. This test of wills and endurance was a tribute to this sessions' cohesiveness and integrity. We truly embraced the mentality of: I'ts not about ME it's about "WE." It was an amazing finish to the NA experience, and I would like to thank all involved to making it what it was. Also a shout out to me roommate, Mohammed Bunashi for helping me rehab my injury without it I wouldn't have been ready!





Indiana Derek

Fiona from the UK

Great day for a stroll in the trees

Pre-race bus rally

Down

Up

Up

Up

Over

Over

Run selfie

Net times


made it

Pasadena Mike

Mohammed, my roommate who helped me rehab by hamstring so I could run and overall great dude!

Doug, Scott, Brian, Ken, Andrew and Jamie

Part of Section 4 including our fearless leader Liane and our Fitness Instructor, Van Halen! by the inspiration tree,

DONE! (mic drop I'm out....)

No comments:

Post a Comment