Saturday, January 21, 2017

A solid Saturday

Today started with sleeping in until 0800, which is great because typically we have to be up at around 0600, so this was nice. We get omelettes on the weekend which is another nice change of pace.

Next I decided to get off the base and help a friend pick up some new running shoes a few miles down the road, on the way back we decided to stop at the National Museum of the Marine Corps. Wow, did that not disappoint! We only spent a few hours there, but one could easily use the whole day to check out every exhibit, it's massive. This simply is a must visit for anyone coming to the area. Enjoy these photos:






After our museum visit we went to what is called the "Mainside," of Quantico. Which is where the Marines live and operate. There we visited the PX (which is very large), picked up a few things and headed back to, "the house."

I then spent 1:45 in the weight room and cardio room, it was just what I needed! It was misting and a little chilly, since I'm recovering from a cold I didn't want to take a chance and get worse, though I really wanted to run outside! Between the gym and cardio modular lies this:

A nice reminder to stay focused!

After a nice long shower, I we famished so since it was surf and turf night, I headed over. Well let's just say it was disappointing, but edible. 

I then headed to the room to knockout a paper, which was accomplished. Now time to network a bit with my classmates.


1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work, little jealous of the Marine Museum

    ReplyDelete