Monday, January 16, 2017

Ending the long weekend

It was great to have this long weekend after the 1st week. I am feeling better after getting a chest cold last week, so I put some time in at the gym today and am still not using the elevator! I spent Sunday afternoon grabbing a few things I needed to make the room feel more like home and definitely accomplished that task. Amazing how quick you adjust to your surroundings when necessary. I also got a jump on assigned homework, (reading, papers, group projects) which I did today.

I spent some time talking with my roommate, Mohammed Bunashi. He is a Captain for the Minister of the Interior in Kuwait, which is similar to our Department of State. He has only studied English for 4 years, but you wouldn't know it because of how fluent he is. We get along well and don't have any classes together so during the week only see each other in the evening. Below is a photo of us on International Night, a dinner to welcome all the International students and their roommates.
Photo bombed by my Section Counselor, nice work Liane!
 Classes starting bright and early so good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment