Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Day 3

First full day of classes today. Still hard to believe I'm here with the top law enforcement from all over the world. Unit Chief keeps using the term 1% but seems crazy to think about. We all respect and are supportive of each other and is already such a great experience it is hard to explain. 

We had our first PT test today and we are lucky that it got up to 53 degrees today which was perfect. I ran a 6:53 mile which wasn't my best work but am happy to have something to build on. This place is so huge I walk about 3 miles a day and climb about 30-40 flights of stairs a day. I proud to say I have only used the elevator on the first day moving my stuff in.

So as I said classes started today and so far they will be challenging, but manageable. Here is my class schedule:

Employment Law
Effective Writing
Essentials for Law Enforcement Leaders
Fitness in Law Enforcement
Media and managing the Law Enforcement Image
Forensic Science for Police Administrators
Enrichment and Networking

Which is a total of 17 credit hours through the University of Virginia.

FYI after today since class has started and routine is in place posts will not come daily. On goes the journey.......

No comments:

Post a Comment