Tuesday, February 21, 2017

I gotta get out of this place....

So there I was in my room around 0100 hours Saturday morning missing my family something fierce. Then it came to me, I need to go home, now, so I did. Purchased the ticket and I was off the base at 0600 and boarding a plane at 0800, the best part: I didn't tell my family. So with the help of a good friend picking me up in Omaha, I was back in Seward at 1445 hours. The surprise I gave my amazing wife and awesome boys was priceless. I even got to see my Dad and his wife who were visiting. The weather was gorgeous so we spent much of it outside. When you are gone for this long, you miss everything, including the little things. As all good things do, it came to an end Monday afternoon as they took me to the airport to head back to Quantico, but it was just what everyone needed to push through these last 4 weeks! I love these three and the love and support they have given me throughout this amazing experience is immeasurable. Unfortunately I didn't take to many photos, probably because we were to busy enjoying the moment, but here are a few.






No comments:

Post a Comment